birding-aus

Lamington NP Trip Report (Longish)

To: "Tobias Hayashi" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Lamington NP Trip Report (Longish)
From: "Greg & Val Clancy" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:21:56 +1100
Hi Tobias,

An interesting trip report. As I live in the Clarence Valley, near Grafton, I found the local references of interest. I would be interested to know where you saw the Nutmeg Mannikins, a species becoming rarer in the Grafton area. Also could you tell me where you saw the Black-necked Stork/s and details of number of birds, age, date etc.

Are you sure about the 12 Wandering Tattlers? My experience with the species in New South Wales is that they are usually solitary on rock platforms and rocky shores. Could they have been Grey-tailed Tattlers which usually occur in flocks?

Myall Lakes National Park is the at the southern limit of distribution of the coastal population of the Forest Raven in New South Wales.

Regards

Greg Clancy