birding-aus

whipbirds on Kangaroo Island?

Subject: whipbirds on Kangaroo Island?
From: Bert Harris <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:50:28 -0800 (PST)
Dear all,

  Can anyone help me out with a reliable spot for Western Whipbird on KI? I
have heard that the birds are present at Cape du Couedic, D'Estrees Bay, and
Lasueur Conservation Park.  The last time I was on KI, we searched for the
species in the heath at Cape du Couedic/Remarkable Rocks and in the Hanson Bay
area with no luck.

  Any hints, specific localities, or recent reports would be much appreciated!

  Thanks very much,

  Bert Harris, Adelaide