birding-aus

Glossy/Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos

To: "Terry Bishop" <>, "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Glossy/Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos
From: "Steve Creber" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:44:31 +1100
On the topic - broadly speaking - of Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos, I
heard a call yesterday from one which I have never heard before (and I
see and/or hear them virtually every day). It was a cackling sound
almost like a deep-voiced wattlebird, quite different from anything in
the usual repertoire. The bird was quite animated, perhaps agitated,
while producing this call. Is anyone familiar with this call and its
possible significance?