birding-aus

Superb Parrots being killed

To: "Birding Australia" <>
Subject: Superb Parrots being killed
From: "Terry Bishop" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 12:34:30 +1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
More grain is being transported by road this year. Because of the drought
over the last 4 or 5 years much of the grain was not even harvested and used
for stock food or kept on farm for the next seasons plantings. Less grain is
being transported by rail and more by road due to closures of branch lines
and lack of manpower due to State Rail redundancies/non replacement policies

The drought also effected the breeding and survival of all wildlife. This
spring I have observed more babies than I have for a long time. I suspect
that there are more parrots this year for this reason.