birding-aus

Possible wagtails in Capertee Valley NSW, 6th Dec

Subject: Possible wagtails in Capertee Valley NSW, 6th Dec
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 09:55:35 +1100
Thanks everyone for the comments re the claimed
wagtails in the Capertee Valley. I did suggest
Yellow-rumped Thornbills but the observer knows
these and is sure they weren't, and said they
were the size and shape of wagtails which he has
seen many times overseas. The observer originally
thought they were Yellow Wagtails but I assumed
the yellow rump would rule that out. I realise
that a group of wagtails are extremely unlikely
but just thought I'd mention it in case anyone
else sees something similar.

Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone.

Carol