birding-aus

Indian Mynahs attacking each other

To: Rob Geraghty <>
Subject: Indian Mynahs attacking each other
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 10:05:49 +1000
Yes Rob, that is how Mynahs settle their neighbourhood disputes.

On 20/12/2008, at 9:07 AM, Rob Geraghty wrote:

Most bizarre thing I saw the other day;

Three Indian Mynahs in the gutter at the side of a Newcastle street. One bird was on its back with its wings flat on the road. The other two birds were pecking at it. I thought the bird on the ground was dead until it leapt up, ran around a bit, but then was driven to the ground and onto its back again by the other two birds. I've seen birds fighting before but nothing as vicious as that.

Has anyone else ever seen this sort of behaviour?

Rob
=======
Rob Geraghty