birding-aus

Fwd: [OB] New pitta-centric website

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Fwd: [OB] New pitta-centric website
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:19:02 +1100
Dear All,

Sorry about the cross-post, but Chris Goodie's project might interest any Pittaphiles in the group.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chris G <>
Date: 18 December 2008 8:29:43 PM
To: OBC Forum <>
Subject: [OB] New pitta-centric website

Dear all,

As some of you may already be aware, I have quit my day job, and from
1st Feb 2009-31st Jan 2010 I will be undertaking an insane mission to
try to see all the pittas of the world in a single year.

I've just created a new website to celebrate the pittas of the world,
www.pittasworld.com. It features a gallery, pitta-centric artwork,
(many thanks to all those who have allowed me to feature their photos
and paintings on the site,) a blog which will detail the progress of
the pitta mission, speciation basics, google maps showing target
locations etc, and as soon as I get time I will also be adding free-
to-download mp3 audio files. Links will also soon be in place to the
OBC website etc.

The photo gallery is only missing two species- Sula Pitta and African
Pitta, (sorry, I know the last species is strictly speaking off-
topic!)- and if anyone has any pictures that they would be happy to
have included I would be delighted to hear from you.

At the present time to access the site you need to type the website
URL (www.pittasworld.com) directly into the address bar of your
browser to find it; the site is not yet Google-searchable, though
hopefully it will be within a week or two.

Best regards,

Chris Gooddie

<*> Your email settings:
   Individual Email | Traditional