birding-aus

Red-rumped Swallows near Mossman NQ.

Subject: Red-rumped Swallows near Mossman NQ.
From: Del Richards <>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 22:23:41 +1000
For the first time in three years a small flock of Red-rumped Swallows have arrived on powerlines adjacent to sugar cane fields to the North of Mossman. The first bird was noticed on Monday 1st December and today (2nd) thirteen birds were present with Fairy and Tree Martins. As is usual the birds were in various stages of moult and colour pattern. It is to be hoped that with such a good number in the first arrivals that the species may stay in the district for a few weeks as they did back in 1996 when I recorded them up until past mid-February. I will endeavour to keep track of them and any observers wanting to see them can feel free to give me a call or send an email regarding the birds..
   Del. Richards, Fine Feather Tours, Mossman, NQ.