birding-aus

Wandering Tattler - Moreton Island

To: BirdingAus <>
Subject: Wandering Tattler - Moreton Island
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:40:18 +0000
Hi All,

We were driving down the main beach of Moreton Island yesterday and stopped to
watch a 'Grey-tailed Tattler' on the beach (near the black rocks approximately
1.5ks north of Camel Rock).  Within a few seconds of us stopping it started to
behave unlike any GTT we had ever seen. It darted off into the receding water,
head down-bum up and moving and feeding in a very eratic fashion -it's jizz was
not unlike the manic behaviour of a Little Egret.  As we were looking at other
features to confirm our suspicions of a Wandering Tattler, it flew a short
distance calling "Ti ti ti....".  Had great views of it and got lots of
photo's.  Our final view was of it flying up onto the rocks (calling Ti ti
ti... as it went) where we watched it bobbing up and down for a while before we
moved on.

We will be able to post some photos when we get back to Brisbane in a couple of
weeks time.  Has anyone else seen Wandering Tattler's feed on an ocean beach
before?

Regards

Judith

Judith Hoyle, Gavin and Peter O'Meara
Camping on Moreton Island, Queensland
Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org