birding-aus

Fw: Development of Accoustic lab site encroaching Blue Gum Reserve Chats

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Fw: Development of Accoustic lab site encroaching Blue Gum Reserve Chatswood
From: "Tom and Mandy Wilson" <>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:11:37 +1100
Hi all
some of you may remember the reports of the Barking Owl in Blue Gum Reserve
Chatswood in September last year.  Apparently, the reserve is now under threat
from encroaching development of an adjacent site, which involves rezoning to
house 280 dwelling units.  This will no doubt put pressure on the reserve.  I
have been contacted through BirdingNSW by a lady called Lynette Saville (who
will be presenting a motion against the development at a council meeting on
Monday) to assist in compiling a list of the fauna seen at the reserve.

I have been able to compile a list of species seen from my own records from
going to see the Barking Owl and a trawl through the archives, but would be
interested to obtain site lists form anyone who has visited the site, with the
date and observers name (which would give any submission a bit more
credibility).  Evidence of breeding (eg records already sourced have Brush
Turkeys mound building, Powerful Owl and Tawny Frogmouths with juveniles) will
no doubt help any submission as well.

The council meeting is tomorrow, so I will send my initial list of shortly, but
if anyone can help can you get back to me hopefully by this evening.

Thanks & Regards
Tom Wilson