birding-aus

RFI Darwin Area and WWTP

To: (Birding-Aus)
Subject: RFI Darwin Area and WWTP
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:23:19 +0000
Hey again,

Well, here is my second plea for help. Hopefully i'll be in the Darwin area
from Dec 30th-January 7th. My plan at the moment is to spend two days in the
Darwin area, 4 in Kakadu, and then 3 in the Katherine/west of Katherine. I just
ordered McCrie and Watson's bird finding guide, so that should provide me with
most of the answers to my inquires. I do have a few other questions though. It
seems that most people get Hooded Parrot and Gouldian Finch near water holes
during the dry season. What is the best attempt at finding these species during
a time when there will be a lot more water around? Also, is there anyone in the
Darwin area that would be willing to meet up to bird the Waste Water Treatment
Plant. I really want to bird that place, but of course I dont have a key. I
would really appreciate it if someone could help me out for a few hours.

Also, is there any specfic "good" spots between Mt Isa and Darwin that are
worth stopping at on the drive up to Darwin.

Thanks again,
Ross Gallardy
Robina, QLD