birding-aus

"Birds of the Week" on The Northern Myth

To: Birding-Aus <>, Nt Birds group <>, Birdchat group <>, Birds Queensland Forum <>, Birdtalk list <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: "Birds of the Week" on The Northern Myth
From: Robert Gosford <>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:00:07 +0930
Dear all, (apologies for sort-of cross-posting)

As some of you may know I write for Crikey.com and also run a Crikey
blog, The Northern Myth, at: http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/

I do an (irregular) post on "Bird of the Week" and occasional posts
about Birds and Birders and would appreciate any comments you might have
about the birds I write on or the photos of them that I include with
each post. You will have to go through a quick one-time registration
process before you comment.

The latest is of a 1st year male Collared Sparrowhawk that was hanging
around our yard for the past few weeks. I haven't seen him for a few
weeks so he may have slipped away to some other part of town or with the
recent patchy rains we've been getting (it is blowing an absolute gale
here as I write this with a few storm cells floating around) he may have
gone for a wander in the scrub.

Earlier posts have been on "Lucy the piebald, leucistic Crow", Greg
Combet as "A birder in the gilded cage of politics", "Birdwatching as a
death hazard…", "Same-sex marriage - Laysan Albatross style" and the sad
story of the death of 800 Asian Openbill Storks, "800 guardian angels
killed by a sacred banyan tree".

Cheers to you all, I hope you like the posts and I look forward to
seeing your thoughts and comments!

Bob Gosford
Yuendumu, NT