birding-aus

Birds of Brisbane CBD

To: <>
Subject: Birds of Brisbane CBD
From: "Alex Ferguson" <>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:31:37 +1000
My daughter tells me that a pair of bush stone curlews successfully bred in
front of Go Print (near the Gabba) this year, and there is a very tame adult
Nankeen Night Heron that sits on the rhs of the Sydney Street Ferry Terminal
every night after dusk.  It shrugs when the ferry pulls and the hoardes of
people don't even notice it.  There is often a Striated Heron on the left hand
side or on the bank a few feet from the foot path.

Great to be back in Brisbane

Alex (Ferguson)