birding-aus

Species list for Papua New Guinea trip

To: <>
Subject: Species list for Papua New Guinea trip
From: "theo tasoulis" <>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:12:30 +1100
Here is my modest list of sightings for my 9 day trip to New Guinea (only new
species were recorded)
I went to "standard" locations: PAU,Varirata,Kumul Lodge and Kama village-Lai
River.
P.A.U.
Grey-headed Mannikin
Common Kingfisher
Yellow-faced Myna
Fawn-breasted Bowerbird
Orange-fronted Fruit Dove
Singing Starling

KUMUL LODGE
Island Thrush
Brehm's Tiger Parrot
Papuan Lorikeet
Smoky Honeyeater
Belford's Honeyeater
Black-throated Honeyeater
Grey-streaked Honeyeater
Red-collared Myzomela
Regent Whistler
Rufous-naped Whistler
Blue-capped Ifrita
Crested Berrypecker
Fan-tailed Berrypecker
Mountain Firetail
Mountain Mouse Warbler
Large Scrub Wren
White-winged Robin
Friendly Fantail
Dimorphic Fantail
Glossy Swiftlet
Crested Satinbird
Archbold's Bowerbird -female-photographed
Ribbon-tailed Astrapia
Brown Sicklebill
King of Saxony Bird of Paradise

KAMA VILLAGE - LAI RIVER
Lesser Bird of Paradise
Ornate Honeyeater
White-shouldered Fairy Wren
Torrent Flycatcher
Papuan Harrier

VARIRATA NATIONAL PARK
Chestnut-bellied Fantail
Hooded Pitohui
Magnificent Riflebird
Brown Oriole
Marbled Frogmouth
Raggiana Bird of Paradise
Pink-spotted Fruit Dove
Orange-bellied Fruit Dove
Brown-headed Paradise Kingfisher
Yellow-billed Kingfisher
Moustached Tree Swift
Streak-headed Honeyeater
Tawny-breasted Honeyeater
Papuan Flowerpecker
Frilled Monarch
Red-cheeked Parrot
Hooded Butcherbird
Black-fronted White-eye
Black Berrypecker?
Golden Cuckoo Shrike? -perched high up - can you get them this far east?