birding-aus

Kushland & Hancock

To: <>
Subject: Kushland & Hancock
From: "John Murray Penhallurick" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:55:18 +1100
Dear Friends,

Back from a very successful trip to Namibia, the Okavango Delta of Botswana
and a brief bit in south Zambia.  We saw all Namibian endemics, and I added
70 lifers to my lifelist.

I have just been updating my website to implement the change of Bubulcus
ibis to Ardea ibis.  This was supported by Christidis & Boles,2008,p.110
following Kushlan and Hancock,2008,Herons, Oxford U.P.

If anyone has a copy of Kushlan and Hancock, would they mind checking and
letting me know if (as I expect) they cite the subspecies; in what form eg
Ardea ibis ibis or A.i.ibis, and on what page?

Many thanks for any help.

John Penhallurick

86 Bingley Crescent

FRASER, A.C.T. 2615