birding-aus

Papua New Guinea - 2 short trips

To: <>
Subject: Papua New Guinea - 2 short trips
From: "Lisa Tanner" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 20:34:30 +1000
Papua New Guinea - 2 Short Trips

In June and in September I made 2 independant birding trips to Papua New Guinea
from Cairns

A large number of interesting 'Australian' birds, that might require more
effort to see in our country were observed, along with the spectacular
endemics, Birds of Paradise, Paradise Kingfishers etc.

I have written a very detailed and somewhat overly long report which will prove
useful to anyone considering visiting this country, but who may not wish to go
with an organised tour group.

Birding sites, species observed, costs, hotels and guides and detailed in the
report.

To have a look click on:
http://www.pinecreekpictures.com.au/png.html

or later in November on http://www.surfbirds.com/trip_report.php?id=1496