birding-aus

Re: [canberrabirds] REGENT HONEYEATER at Cooleman Ridge NR

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: [canberrabirds] REGENT HONEYEATER at Cooleman Ridge NR
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:37:55 +1000
Fabulous sighting.

You have to wonder where this bird is from. The last RH in the ACT was
about 4-5 years ago. My understanding is that in the last ten years
RHs have basically contracted to two populations: Capertee Valley
(NSW) and Chiltern Forest (Vic). Do single bird commute between the
two, or is there another population we don't know about somewhere
nearer to the ACT?

John Leonard

--
John Leonard