birding-aus

Albatross ID? - NW Tasmania

Subject: Albatross ID? - NW Tasmania
From: Bert Harris <>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 01:19:53 -0700 (PDT)
I would also agree.  The dusky tip of the bill on the Black-browed suggests it
is not a full adult, but the large amount of white on the underwings means it's
pretty darn close.
  Cheers,
  Bert Harris, Adelaide

John Graff <> wrote:

I'd say both your IDs are spot on. First bird looks like a Shy Albatross (race
cauta or steadi) and the second a Black-browed Albatross (not 100% sure whether
its melanophris or impavida)

Cheers,
John