birding-aus

Eaglehawk Neck (Tasmania) Boat Trips - Bookings for 2009

Subject: Eaglehawk Neck (Tasmania) Boat Trips - Bookings for 2009
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 09:46:59 +1000
Dear Birding-Ausers,

For the last few years, I have been organising pelagic boat trips from
Eaglehawk Neck (in Tasmania) on a casual basis with Bill Wakefield of
Tasmania.

We are jointly scheduling three trips in 2009 on:

22 February,
27 September and
29 November.

Bill sometimes looks at running trips in June, as well.

We are taking bookings for these trips if anyone wishes to register an
interest.  Please ask if you want further details.

We have run one trip already this year in February.  It was a good, solid
trip and I have posted a trip report on Birding-Aus.  We have two more to
run this year on 28 September and 30 November.  At this stage, I don't
have vacancies for either trip.  However, we often have cancellations so,
if you want to register an interest, let me know.

The east coast of Tasmania is unusual because boat trips get out in
weather conditions that would be considered extreme in many other places
such as Port Fairy (where I have a bit of experience also).  The land mass
of Tasmania itself provides lots of protection for the east coast waters
and the boat gets out most times - quite safely.

Cost is approximately $100-120 if we get a full boat.

If you want to know what birds we see off Eaglehawk Neck, we always post
trip reports on Birding-Aus.  You can search for the last 10 years worth
in the archives at http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/birding-aus/

So, if you want a pelagic off Tasmania to add to your southern sea-bird
experiences, please let me know.

Chris

Notice:
confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright.No part of it should be
reproduced,
adapted or communicated without the prior written consent of the copyright
owner.

If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by return
email, delete
it from your system and destroy any copies. You are not authorised to use,
communicate or rely on the information
contained in this email.