birding-aus

Visiting Sydney and Brisbane in Sept. from Texas

To: <>
Subject: Visiting Sydney and Brisbane in Sept. from Texas
From: "BTompkins" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:11:12 -0500
I am a avid birder who lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in Texas, USA, who
will be traveling to Australia for the first time.

In September, I have an opportunity to visit Australia with my husband who will
be coming on business. When he is busy each day, I am hoping to go out to local
birding locations near Sydney and Brisbane while we are staying in those
cities. I would welcome the opportunity to bird with local birders in Sydney
September 15th, 16th, and the 19th if anyone is available to go out those days.
We will be staying in the North Hyde district of Sydney.

In Brisbane, I am looking for a birding companion for Tuesday, September 23rd.

We will not be renting a car during these days since my husband will primarily
be busy with work. I can utilize the public transportation system for meeting
individuals, if that is necessary and a viable option. I am certainly open to
paying for fuel and meals for anyone interested in going out for the day.

Please contact me at  if you are interested in showing me around
your favorite spots for one of these days. Since practically everything except
Rock Dove, House Sparrow, Cattle Egret, Barn Swallow, Mallard, and a few gulls,
terns, and shorebirds will be lifers, you will have a captive audience. I am
particularly interested in seeing parrots, kookaburras, wrens, and rainforest
specialties while I am near the coastal regions. Anything uniquely Australian
would be a pleasure to see.

Thanks and "g'day"...

Barbara T