birding-aus

Princess Parrots

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Princess Parrots
From: "Don and Llane Hadden" <>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:35:01 +0930
Hello Don

I drove the Canning Stock Route in June and saw Princess Parrots 13km south of
Well 44. I passed on this info to George Swann who was driving in with a tour
party as I drove out and he also saw them there.

However a few days before my Well 44 sighting I saw the Princess Parrots for 2
consecutive days at Jupiter Well along the Gary Junction Road. Driving from
Alice Springs to Jupiter Well would be much easier than driving the Canning
Stock Route.

travellers. These have been discontinued. You have to be self-sufficient now.
There is a good book (name escapes me now) that covers all you need to know
about driving the Canning. It is not a place to venture into lightly. I also
drove the Canning last year and met a couple whose vehicle had broken down not
far from the end. They were quoted $15 000 for a tow out. Prepare very
carefully before going in.

Don Hadden

                        Don and Llane Hadden  P O Box 7123
                        Lismore Heights
                        NSW 2480
                        AUSTRALIA
                          tel:  +61 8 89560955

            Always have my latest info Want a signature like this?