birding-aus

RFI - K. C. Halafoff

To: "Syd Curtis" <>, "bird" <>
Subject: RFI - K. C. Halafoff
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 13:17:37 +1000
Hi Syd

Isn't Google marvellous!  This is from a document entitled "Gloria Victis 1956"
(I reckon that is "the Glorious Defeated") about the Hungarian rebellion of
1956.  http://mek.oszk.hu/03900/03955/03955.pdf

It's 199 pages long and Halafoff appears in the Biographical Notes at the end,
along with Jean Cocteau, Kokoschka and lesser-known people.  I couldn't quickly
discover  the purpose of the notes.

Anyhow here it is:

"K. C. HALAFOFF was born in 1902 in Moscow. After the Bolshevik Revolution he
joined the White Army.

In 1920 he was evacuated to Yugoslavia where he finished his studies graduating
from Belgrade University.

At the end of the Second World War he left Yugoslavia and fled to Germany where
he lived until his

departure for Australia in 1949. He published poetry in many Russian emigre
publications both in Australia

and in Europe, one of his contributions was an essay on the musical aspect of
Pasternak's language,

published in a Russian literary review in Munich."

Michael Norris