birding-aus

Many Double-bars in breeding plumage at Manly WaderRoost SEQ

To: "Chris Baxter" <>
Subject: Many Double-bars in breeding plumage at Manly WaderRoost SEQ
From: L&L Knight <>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:35:09 +1000
Don't worry Chris, it was a slip up, not an alt name that I was using.

Regards, Laurie

On 20/07/2008, at 7:35 PM, Chris Baxter wrote:

Hi All

Have noticed a few postings of late that are quite ambiguous in there
meaning in that inappropriate common names have been used (eg: Barwit for Bar-tailed Godwit). On this occasion it is Double-bars for Double- banded Plover. I would think that the only bird that could possibly go by that shortened moniker would be Double-barred Finch. I reckon - for correctness and consistency - we should stick to using common names as laid out in the
taxonomic listing of Christidis and Boles.

Cheers

Chris Baxter