birding-aus

Advice on identifying Albatrosses from shore

To: "'David Adams'" <>, "'Birding-Aus'" <>
Subject: Advice on identifying Albatrosses from shore
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:00:57 +0930
Dear David, most of us are stumped by seabirds. The only way through the
problem is to go on pelagic trips, get sick, then listen to what other
people, who allege to know what they are talking about,  identify the
passing birds as . You then go home with a list of sightings which you
hope have some credibility. But you won't be much the wiser, especially
on some of the more difficult species.

Tough ain't it.   Tony.