birding-aus

Aussie Birdo's interested in South America

To: <>
Subject: Aussie Birdo's interested in South America
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:48:06 +1000
Dear Ken and Katrina,
Whilst under the false impression we might be able to afford to travel to
Brazil this year to visit hubby’s family and do a bit of extra travel, I
compiled a bit of a list of websites related to Brazil – lucky you, if you get
there, the Pantanal would be really worth visiting – and of course the Amazon
region if you can get that far north.

Have fun!
regards,
Arwen

Firstly, if you want bird guides:
Birds of Brazil by Kevin Zimmer is supposed to be coming out “soon” (I wouldn’t
expect it anytime soon though) – I expect it will be really good guide when it
does come out so keep an eye on it.

Souza, Deodato. All the birds of Brazil: an identification guide. > (2006
second edition). 352 pp., colour illustrations, maps. AU$95.00 – available
through Andrew Isles Natural History Books

Websites (in no particular order, sorry, you’ll jst have to trawl through):

http://www.ararajuba.org.br/sbo/index.htm - Brazilian Ornithological
Association (Portuguese)

http://www.worldtwitch.com/brazil.htm - some useful links

http://www.avesfoto.com.br/ingles/bird.asp - I think there are pics and calls
on this site. Edson Endrigo I think would be a good contact.

http://www.avesdobrasil.com.br/ - in Portuguese, but if you understand a bit of
Spanish you’d probably make some sense of it

http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/sabrazil.htm

http://www.birdingbraziltours.com/about-brazil.php

http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Cabana/6292/pantanal.html - birding the
Pantanal

http://www.geocities.com/ahafs_co/Birding_the_Neotropics.html - tours

http://ventbird.com/birding-tour/2008/09/29/southeastern-brazil-part-i - tours

http://www.birdtheworld.com/province.asp?novar=0&Curr_Reg=15&Curr_Count=77&Curr_Prov=26&SiteCat=9998&SubCat=1

http://www.birding.com.br/English/English.htm

http://www.cristalinolodge.com.br/index_lower-bar_useful-links.htm - links

http://sahilonline.blogspot.com/2007/02/birding-in-brazil-01-of-03-brasilia.html
 - someone’s blog I found – particularly good on Brasilia, which is where the
family is.

http://come.to/pantanal

http://www.eln.gov.br/Pass500/BIRDS/INDEX.HTM - good site but link not
currently working – keep trying – it was a site set up to celebrate 500 years
since the Portuguese went to Brazil.
Lawson, Blue Mountains,
Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org