birding-aus

Merri Ck, Quarries Park, Clifton Hill, Melbourne, Victoria

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Merri Ck, Quarries Park, Clifton Hill, Melbourne, Victoria
From: "Wendy" <>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:44:05 +1000
Hi All,
Yesterday afternoon (Sat 21 June 2008) with Ann and Bruce McGregor, I visited
Merri Creek path in Quarries Park in the vicinity of Ramsden St. Conditions
were not ideal for birdwatching as it was very overcast and reasonably windy.
While no particularly rare birds were seen, there was a delightful array of
native birds, for a site only about 5km from Melbourne GPO and popular with dog
walkers, joggers and cyclists.
It was also pleasing to find, that the only feral birds on the actual site was
Blackbirds. Overhead or nearby we saw Feral/Rock Pigeons, Starling and
Turtledoves.

Birds seen at the site were

Yellow Thornbill
    feeding in Eucs., wattles and Allocasuarinas with
Yellow-rumped Thornbill
Brown Thornbill
Eastern Spinebill
Red Wattlebird