birding-aus

Twitchathon Film

To: Peter Madvig <>, Evan Beaver <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Twitchathon Film
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:07:34 -0700 (PDT)
Alas Peter, it has sold out...who'd a thunk it!?

It's fantastic news really. More exposure for the concept that is, and the
causes of, the Twitchathon...
Maybe it was the lure of Home Brewers in blue tank-tops and rock band
T-shirts!? (you Vics should recognise one band that I am wearing in the film).
I talk in jest...we are not particularly looking forward to it...us Brewers
learnt a lot of lessons that year!

With regards to the timing of the doco to be screened on TV, I can tell you
that the film-makers are lobbying for it to be screened in October, to
co-incide with the 2008 event. I really hope this happens...talk about exposure
and upping the ante for sponsorship potential!

As for Tim's comments...the only reason you Vics can afford to get smug is that
NSW has added pressure to themselves under the 'MDS', but that's what we do
best - perform under pressure - just not a low-pressure system, which is your
only hope really.
I'm assuming that the self-titled "worlds best Thon team" will be making their
way to South Africa for the World Cup in November next year?
Mick Brewer