birding-aus

The decline of ornithological publications (was: rant against twitching)

To: "Murray Lord" <>
Subject: The decline of ornithological publications (was: rant against twitching)
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 07:09:43 +1000
I find it hard to accept your view that it is the fault of the major bird
groups for not encouraging publication - after all the thread started with a
complaint (indirect) from the editor of the AFO which happens to be
published by BOCA which is by any definition a major bird group! And BA of
course have the Emu which performs a similar role, although it is perhaps
less oriented to "amateur" observations.