birding-aus

RFI Gungewalla Nature Reserve (NSW South West Slopes) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Subject: RFI Gungewalla Nature Reserve (NSW South West Slopes) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:47:37 +1000
Hi Marnix,

I just had a check on the NSW NPWS list of all parks and reserves http://www2.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/WebContentByLetter?OpenView&Letter=All&Count=2000 <http://www2.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/parks.nsf/WebContentByLetter?OpenView&Letter=All&Count=2000> but it doesn't show any more info than you have, that it is 142 Ha and was gazetted in 2005 and to for further information contact the Queanbeyan office 02 6299 2929. Hopefully they will be able to help, maybe. NSW NPWS has inherited so many new properties lately, mainly from Forestry, that the are having trouble catching up. Last week I rang the two local offices to fin out where a new reserve was and neither knew, each saying the rexeve was the other offices responsibility. I would suggest also trying the nearest Forestry office and/or Boorowa Shire if NPWS cant help.
Good Luck

Carl Clifford

 wrote:
Can anyone provide any information on the following addition to the NSW
reserve system:

- Gungewalla Nature Reserve (142 hectares on SW border of Boorowa Shire)

Is this what used to be known as Young SF?
Is it accessible by car?
Are there any maps available?

Gungewalla NR was I believe gazetted in 1995? along with additions to
Dananbilla, Illunie & Koorawatha NRs - all of which are between Young &
Cowra.

Cheers

Marnix Zwankhuizen
Senior Analyst | Programmer
Java Enterprise Technology | IT Branch
Australian Electoral Commission

Phone: (02) 6271 4465 | Fax: (02) 6271 4644

DISCLAIMER:
If you have received this transmission in error please notify us immediately on (02) 6271 4777 or by return email and delete all copies. If this email or any attachments have been sent to you in error, that error does not constitute waiver of any confidentiality, privilege or copyright in respect of information in the email or attachments.