birding-aus

Song Thrush: Friday Bird in Focus

To: "Rosemary Royle" <>, "birding aus" <>, <>
Subject: Song Thrush: Friday Bird in Focus
From: "Tim Dolby" <>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:54:17 +1000
The dry conditions in Melbourne, and the fact that we do not water our
gardens any more, may well be the reason that Song Thrush numbers have
dropped in Melbourne.

If we think in terms of the scientific principle known as Occam's razor,
which proposes that one should shave down the accumulation of possible
explanations until the simplest reasonable explanation remains, with
regards to Song Thrush it is possible to make the following links: Song
Thrush like snails, snails like moisture, in Melbourne there is less
moisture and as a consequence there are less snails (and slugs etc).
Ipso facto, lex parsimoniae and el presto, less Song Thrush.

Tim Dolby