birding-aus

RFI: Central West NSW

To: <>
Subject: RFI: Central West NSW
From: "Troy Mutton" <>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:20:25 +1000
Hi All,

I'm heading out for a 3-4 day trip to Round Hill NR, Weddin Mts, and
anywhere else in the area that takes my fancy.

Has anyone been there recently and have any advice on places to
investigate?

I will be accompanied by my non-birding partner, so apart from a leave
pass to spend a good 4-5 hours at Round Hill - it's my birthday present
to myself - any locations on Sydney -> Round Hill via Grenfell round
trip will have to be fairly nearish main roads. I'm working on a visit
to the Capertee on the way back, but we'll see how that pans out when we
are on the home stretch.

If anyone has been to Round Hill recently, do you have any advice on
where I might find a Spotted Bowerbird, Southern Scrub-Robin or Chestnut
Quail-thrush? I have the Thomas & Thomas info, have scoured the archives
and found some good information on some of the targets, but any current
information much appreciated.

I have contacted NPWS and left a message letting them know I'm passing
through.

Cheers,

Troy