birding-aus

Do you think birds know when you are watching?

To: "Wendy" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Do you think birds know when you are watching?
From: "Peter Shute" <>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 03:54:27 +1000
I agree, and I wonder if this is sometimes the reason why birds fly off the
moment you lower the binoculars to reach for a camera or notebook.   I also
suspect that they might not regard binoculars as being eyes, so perhaps it
could help to lower ones eyes before lowering the binoculars.

That Brown Falcon photo is still available in the archives, by the way, at:
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/2008-04/msg00594.html
but you'll need to save it as a jpg file before being able to view it.

Peter Shute