birding-aus

RFI:Melbourne birding

To: "theo tasoulis" <>
Subject: RFI:Melbourne birding
From: "Elizabeth Shaw" <>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:08:01 +1000
Hi Theo,
Plenty of Cape Barren Geese on Phillip Island, about 2hrs se of Melbourne. Purple-crowned Lorikeet in sw suburbs, I saw some in a street tree in Altona a few years ago. Pink Robin - last I saw one was in the Walhalla/ Erica area, Beautiful Firetail lucky to see them - last I saw one was in Bunyip SP a few years ago, but it had a big fire there this weekend - fire should be out after today's rain, but not sure how the birds went - including the Helmeted Honeteaters. Does anyone know?
Elizabeth Shaw
Phillip Island
Victoria