birding-aus

BUBO Listing Update

To: <>
Subject: BUBO Listing Update
From: "Andy Musgrove" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:52:45 +0100
Hi all

Just a quick update following the email we sent a couple of weeks ago,
concerning the new bird listing website BUBO Listing. We had lots of really
positive feedback, which we've now fed in and so improved the site for
Australian birders. The main differences are as follows:

1    Lists now follow Christidis & Boles 2008. Thanks to those folks who helped
out with this; there might be 1-2 errors still, so if you see any then just let
us know

2    Lists can now be entered for individual states and territories, in
addition to Australia as a whole. The base-lists used for these areas are based
on those produced by Frank O'Connor on his excellent Birding Western Australia
website - thanks Frank!

Also, following comments from other folk on the other bird-recording websites
currently available, we thought it might be useful to point out the difference
between BUBO Listing and the other sites. Effectively, BUBO Listing is set up
for the storage of personal life lists and year lists and for comparing them
with other people. It works well for both highly competitive top listers and
those who are just interested in keeping track of what they've seen. It is NOT
a site devoted to the gathering of useful data for bird conservation; if you
wish to submit regular records that can be used for such purposes (and if not,
then why not?!), then please also see one of the other sites that have been
discussed on birding-aus in recent months. BUBO Listing is "just a bit of fun"!

As before, it would be great to see as many Australian birders on the site as
possible. Currently, we have ten Australian life lists entered, ranging from
644 down to 75. There's also one Australian self-found list entered. Why not
have a look (remember it's free) and if you have any comments we'd be pleased
to hear them.

Cheers

Andy Musgrove and Mike Prince
Home: Shotesham, Norfolk, UK