birding-aus

Australia is nice

To: Jim D <>, <>
Subject: Australia is nice
From: Bill Jolly <>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:15:15 +1000
James, you're so right - but 'nice' plus, I suggest.

We came to Queensland over 30 years ago, and it is no exaggeration to say that
every single day I feel, and usually say, Wow!

A couple of years ago, we took a seven week trip to some exotic places around
the world, heaps of great birding, I'd love to do it again - but first day
back, I said "Wow!" when I saw a Red-capped Robin in the garden. Mind you,
there's a lot of pleasure just stepping onto the verandah most days - even
before a bird is seen.

When I go birding around the place with overseas visitors, their cumulative
wows outdo mine, and almost without exception they wish they could live here.

And there's so much more to it than just the birds!

It's a privilege to live in this magnificent country.

Bill Jolly