birding-aus

Girraween at Easter

To: <>
Subject: Girraween at Easter
From: michael wode <>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:00:30 +1030

Hello Birding Ausers In response to Lee Mason's recent report regarding
Girraween NP (near Stanthorpe, Queensland). It's a brave person to visit there
on an Easter weekend. I was there only a few days beforehand with a friend
doing research on the Bald Rock Creek Turtle and the rangers were telling us
the campgrounds were booked out during the period and they were expecting close
to 350 people. No Thanks! It's hard enough tracking down quail-thrush as it is.
We too got a Scarlet Robin (male); it seems to be a great spot for these birds
in the state. Also managed to see a pair of Spotted Quail-thrush on our visit.
It's interesting to note that there is no mention of New Holland Honeyeater in
Lee's report, which can be relatively numerous there on occasions; we too did
not see a single bird of this species whilst there.Regards,Michael Wood

Fashion, beauty, health, relationship advice and horoscopes.
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=873&referral=MarchHotmailTagline&URL=http://lifestyle.ninemsn.com.au/?ocid=T003HOT40A0710G==============================www.birding-aus.org