birding-aus

Tasmanian Masked Owl- Australian Geographic Fundraiser

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Tasmanian Masked Owl- Australian Geographic Fundraiser
From: Michael Todd <>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 21:25:21 +1100
Hello all,

I've finally finished uploading the photos from the subantarctic trip that I went on last year (www.wildlifing.com). This set of photos covers Campbell Island, subantarctic NZ. It includes Campbell Albatross, Southern Royal Albatross and Campbell Island Pipit.

The Australian Geographic Society has kindly offered to run a fundraiser for my Tasmanian Masked Owl project from April til June. In all the Australian Geographic shops it will be possible to purchase a Masked Owl sticker as well as donate money to the project. Alternatively, donations will be accepted by Australian Geographic via snail mail. The project that I am running is quite costly, vehicle hire, travel costs, tracking devices etc so I am seeking extra funding wherever I can find it!

There is more information on the project on my website, as well as links to Australian Geographic for more information.

It is planned to run a long series of masked owl playback surveys across eastern, central and northern Tasmania over the next 12 months. There may be opportunities for people to come along with a half-decent chance of getting to see a masked owl.

Cheers

Mick Todd

Michael Todd
Wildlifing: Images of Nature: www.wildlifing.com
Latest Images: Southern Royal Albatross, Campbell Albatross
PhD Candidate- Tasmanian Masked Owl
School of Zoology, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 05, Hobart, Tasmania 7001