birding-aus

Extreme Birding comes to Oz!

To: BIRDING-AUS birding-aus <>
Subject: Extreme Birding comes to Oz!
From: david taylor <>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:03:41 +1100
Yes one can imagine the scenario - the enthusiastic young
international twitcher, bins at the ready watching the five beautiful geese slowly move though his viewfinder south of sydney when suddenly a group of uniformed goose hunters blast across the screen and the
geese implode before his eyes - feathers flying!  Confused but
undaunted he decides to make his way up to Sydney a week or two
later. He's at a local park and decides to check out the local
corvids. He's just checked out the Australia Raven and in his scope
he's got an unusual looking specimen.. He reaches for his Slaters
when suddenly the quiet morning air is interruped by a volley of
machine gun fire as a team of house crow haters blast it to kingdom
come!  He's bemused when they rush in hand slapping and guns raised
in victory salute!  He's just about had enough and decides to fly to
Perth on his way home. He's watching the pretty lorikeets in a tree
and comments to a passing birder what a lovely bird that
@$#@

Dont disagree with the actions taken by the way, just my bit of humor on it all.

David Taylor
Brisbane