birding-aus

(no subject)

To: "Peter Madvig" <>
Subject: (no subject)
From: peter crow <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:06:46 +1000
Inskip Point or the last few km of he peninsular are controlled by Qld Parks and will not be developed in my opinion. It is an extension of Cooloola.

The land closer to Rainbow Beach including the development which has been there for some years has been sand mined and is all regrowth as is most of the Parks land.

It has been apparent for some years that much of this area would be developed.

it is not a desirable outcome but a fact of life in SEQ because of the numbers of people migrating here each year.

if we want to slow or stop development in SEQ we need to encourage our southern and NZ friends to stay home.

I very much doubt if Inskip development has anything to do with the land clearing ban.

i have found it interesting to hear so many from south of the Tweed being critical of land clearing in Qld as we are really a backward state in this matter. Most other states got on with it and cleared everything possible many years ago.

It was good that we were so slow in getting to clearing so much land but rather dreadful that we then decided to catch up in a big way. Fortunately our government has done a little to slow or stop clearing of so much.

Unfortunately clearing of re-growth is still permitted in certain circumstances. In places like Inskip Point re-growth is all that is left.

Peter