birding-aus

FW: [Birding-Aus] RFI - Top End mammals

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: FW: [Birding-Aus] RFI - Top End mammals
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:09:17 +0930
------ Forwarded Message
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:08:52 +0930
To: Nikolas Haass <>
Conversation: [Birding-Aus] RFI - Top End mammals
Subject: RFI - Top End mammals

Northern Quolls are a bit scarce on the ground now.  Try around Pine Creek.
Short-eared Rock-walllaby - I've seen them in several places.  Try Ubirr.
Same with Nabarlek.

N Brown Bandicoot - many camping areas including near Darwin.

Bl-footed Tree rat.  Spotlight for them at Gunlom or drive around Kakadu
roads at night.

N Nail-tailed Wallaby - usually see them as roadkills.  Look like Agile.
Look for black stripe down the back.

Common Rock Rat - litterally that - common.  Sit on the rocks at night and
wait for them at Litchfield, Umbrawarra Gorge etc.

Arnhem Land Rock Rat - can't help you.
Denise L Goodfellow

------ End of Forwarded Message