birding-aus

Speckled Warblers around Brisbane

To: "Birding Services Brisbane" <>,
Subject: Speckled Warblers around Brisbane
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 08:19:02 +1000
Hi
I'd agree with Roy's observations. Rare to localised I would think. I
have seen birds - usually pairs - at Trotter Reserve in the Belmont area
and at the Quarry reserve on Wynnum rd. At both locations on more than
one occasion, but not every time I have been there! Seem to appear more
often in winter - whether they are more discreet in summer or I visit
less (which I do) or whether there is a certain altitudinal migration
I'm not sure, but they certainly aren't common and, given the current
habitat situation,unlikely to increase dramatically in the future.

Cheers

--
  Colin Reid

So many birds, so little time......