birding-aus

Bush-stone Curlew Attacked!!

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Bush-stone Curlew Attacked!!
From: "Kurtis Lindsay" <>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:22:11 +1100
Hi all,

I don't think I have been this infuriated in quite a while.
Has anyone informed WIRES or NPWS about the birds injury? The bird still has a
chance of survival, and being a threatened species, it is imperative that this
bird be found and placed into medical care.

On another note, for all I care this is another strike against dogs and a
reason why I have now grown to hate the creatures. The owner should have been
scolded at, he deserves a criminal charge for harming protected, and threatened
native wildlife.
I 'm predicting that this ignorant fool would have casually went on with his
pleasant peddal-push through the park, leaving his dog to finish its kill,
perhaps hoping the dog eats it so he wouldn't have to spend money feeding it
that night. Probably laughing to himself while watching Neville try and rescue
the injured, innocent creature.

Oh well, that has ruined my hopes to see such a magnificent bird so close to
home, why I waited untill saturday I am not sure. I should have predicted such
a thing would happen.

This just goes to show why we don't see these magnificent creatures in Sydney
more often, we may as well declare the whole city a Red zone for wildlife and
relocate anything as soon as it is found.
Forgetting common birds etc. I don't think there is much hope left for wildlife
in any of Australia's large cities.

Extremely upset,
Kurtis Lindsay