birding-aus

RE: Culling

To: <>
Subject: RE: Culling
From: "Michelle Plant" <>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:23 +1000
I wonder if we ought to be asking - not how to manage the birds to ensure they
aren't impacting on us-the sporting fields the fruit trees etc but how to
manage ourselves so that we aren't so affected by the impact/interface between
wildlife-human interactions, when it isn't turning out to be convenient for us.

If someone came and built a sporting facility in any of our
backyards/homes/kitchens - I don't think we would be happy if they came and
said - look your kids are getting in the way of us playing our game - do you
mind if we knock a few of them off?  Oh actually one of you might have to go to.

Many ways to look at the 'problem' hopefully there are some new ways to look
for solutions as a prior contributor mentioned.

Any ideas - might make some money for someone who can apply some options for
management?

Anybody have the associations contact - I would be willing to have a go at some
creative experiements to save having to cull / create an extension to the
problem by adding an alternative feed source that then requires additonal
management.

Who knows it might be fun....

Cheers
Michelle