birding-aus

Rainbow Lorikeets feeding on the ground

To: Carol Probets <>,
Subject: Rainbow Lorikeets feeding on the ground
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:45:54 +1100

Carol

The lerp scenario could be possible in our park but not at Blacks Walk
where the lorikeets were far from any trees.  However, lerp is not that
prolific here (haven't seen a pardalote for years) but I'll still have a
closer look at the ground where the lorikeets are/were feeding.

Regards

David

             Carol Probets
             <
             au>                                                        To

             01/02/08 10:38 AM         "birding aus"
                                       <>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Birding-Aus] Rainbow Lorikeets
                                       feeding on the ground

David, is the ground where they're feeding under eucalypt trees? If
it is, one possibility is that they could be eating fallen lerps.
I've seen, especially in the mallee areas, foliage so covered in
lerps that it fell to the ground like white confetti where it was
taken advantage of by large numbers of honeyeaters and lorikeets.

Cheers,

Carol

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carol Probets

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.