birding-aus

re Little Curlew still at Bulban Rd Werribee. Tues 29th 5.15 pm.

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: re Little Curlew still at Bulban Rd Werribee. Tues 29th 5.15 pm.
From: Jim Caine <>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 19:45:36 +1100
Hi All,

I made a dash down to Werribee late this afternoon to try for the Little Curlew
at Werribee  as previously reported. Fortunately for me it was exactly at the
spot previously described. I drove exactly 1 km past Newtons Rd and pulled up
on the verge next to the black plastic tied onto the fence and even before I
got out of the car I saw the bird about 5 m inside the fence stalking about
feeding on insects. I watched the bird for about 20 minutes as it moved around
that immediate area. At about 5.35pm it sat down among some rocks and was
vitrtually lost from sight.

A very easy life tick for me. Thanks to all those who posted information.

regards Jim Caine

Jim Caine