birding-aus

Swag or tent

Subject: Swag or tent
From: Carl Billingham <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:27:02 -0800 (PST)
I have a number of tents, one super light weight oneperson tent for backpacking
over seas, a large dome for car camping that is suitable for extreme cold
conditions but my favourite these days is a dirt cheap mozzie dome I bought
with a seperate fly.  I feel this offers the best protection from bugs and
creepy crawlies which at the same time allows me to admire the stars at night,
is easy to set up and most important is cool in tropical conditions.

To my mind a swag is only good if there are no bugs about or it is very cold.
A tent offers you the flexibility to either sleep with just a sheet or a
sleeping bag depending on the temperature and humidity.  A lot of the deluxe
tents (eg macpac etc) are brilliant if you are heading above the snow line but
dont have sufficient ventilation for the tropics.

Cheers,

Carl

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now.
www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail