birding-aus

RFI Victor Harbour & environs

To: "'Peter Ewin'" <>, "'? birding-aus'" <>
Subject: RFI Victor Harbour & environs
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:01:06 +1030
Hi Peter, don't bother with Tolderol, it's bone dry - Lake Alexandrina
is way down so no water can flow into the reserve.

Elegants can be found in Cox's Scrub, but I'd doubt Rock Parrots at any
of the sites you mention.  The others are all possibilities but can be
hard work as the country is as dry as.  Bassian Thrush more likely back
in the hills around Mt Magnificent.
You will need 4x4 if you go right down into Deep Creek - very steep
exit. You'll get in but if you get stuck coming back up the park staff
don't help.

Tony.