birding-aus

Ruffs at Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, Victoria

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Ruffs at Western Treatment Plant, Werribee, Victoria
From: Nicholas Talbot <>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:35:14 +1100
Hi all,
Philip Griffin and I spent the afternoon at the Western Treatment Plant. The
highlight of the trip was two Ruff among hundreds of other waders at a pond
along 280 South Road. I'm not sure of the name of the pond but the GPS is 37 59
44.5/144 36 15.8. One of the birds had an area of raised feathers on its back
which didn't seem to be caused by the wind
At one point the waders were put to flight by a Black Falcon. We also saw a
Black Falcon on the way out, although this could have been the same bird.
We also saw an impressive selection of ducks from the Paradise Road end of Lake
Borrie with Freckled, Pink-eared, Blue-billed, Shoveller and Hardhead all in
the same patch of water.
The Arctic Jaeger also put in a brief appearance at Western Conservarion Pond,
All the best,
Nick

Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT==============================www.birding-aus.org