birding-aus

Rarities & the Green Sandpiper?

Subject: Rarities & the Green Sandpiper?
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:26:58 +1000
Hi All

I have had experience in Ireland of having records rejected that
appeared to me to be unarguable - a Great Snipe on Cape Clear Island in
1975 (approx) springs eternal. It has made me wary of submitting records
- although I really wish I had more occasion to be disappointed! The
excitement and motivation generated by a possible rarity is difficult to
explain, I just know it feels great!!
I also wanted to ask if anyone had any photos or further info regarding
the possible(?) Green Sandpiper at Hastie's Swamp a few weeks ago? I
went to try and find it, but it appeared to have vanished when I visited
(24.11.07).I haven't seen any further comments on or description/photos
of the bird? I guess it just disappeared and therefore there has been no
further fup, but were any photos taken? Has anything been submitted?
Cheers
Colin
--
  Colin Reid