birding-aus

CBC in Sydney CBD

To: Colin Driscoll <>,
Subject: CBC in Sydney CBD
From: Charles Hunter <>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:39:33 +1100 (EST)
There have been 4 causing constant chaos in Paddington this year driving the
large colony of Currawong's crazy (in Stephen Street Park).

  Being contantly chased by local Noisy Minors, Currawongs and chasing and
attacking each other.

  On another note, there is a Currawong nest (with chick) in the Plane tree
outside Macquarie Bank in Bond Street.

Colin Driscoll <> wrote:  Same around Toronto and it has
me wondering about the impact of this on
their hosts. For example each year the Currawong pair in our locality raises
one or two CBC's and this must be at the expense of Currawong chicks- I
haven't seen a young Currawong being fed for several years now.

Colin Driscoll